GEOFFREY H SHARP –
SUMMARY : Experienced executive for social media marketing, digital content, and analytics. Helped found $250 million online search service. Five years experience in social media marketing, social media analysis, and web development. Extensive experience in information retrieval, database licensing and development, product marketing, business development, M&A, and organizational development.
2002 – Present Principal, Sharp Search Technologies, Los Altos, CA (www.SharpST.com)
Social Media strategies, digital content development and analytics.
• Developed Sharp Track®, a monthly management report for tracking social media and web usage.
• Developed Sharp Track Assessment®, a quarterly report for social media assessment and strategy.
• Clients included international hotel chain, Internet security company, and database publishers.
1997 -2001 Co-Founder and COO, Transium Corporation, Palo Alto, CA
• Developed Search systems for Microsoft/Encarta, Office.com and Consumer Reports.
• Negotiated and sold business for over $10 million to Alta Vista.
1996 -1997 Vice President, Broadquest, Inc. San Jose, CA
• Co-founder and Vice President for Internet networking software company.
1995 -1996 Co-Founder and COO, Energyonline and IFIS Los Altos, CA
• Developed Web based search services for energy and franchising industries.
1973 -1995 Executive Vice President, Dialog Information Services, Inc. Palo Alto, CA
Dialog was a pioneer online information service for scientific, technical, and business information. Contributed to growth from startup to $250 million. Dialog was sold for $353 million to Knight-Ridder.
• C-level responsibilities for marketing and product development
• Member of Board of Directors of three software and content companies.
• Increased revenues of business information product line by over 30% annually to $100 million while reducing expenses by 8%.
• Managed successful merger of Knight-Ridder newspapers into Dialog.
• Negotiated and developed over 500 digital content services with leading publishers.
Enterprise systems software engineer. Grammy award winning musician.
M.A. Mathematics, California State University San Jose
B.A. Mathematics, California State University San Francisco
Post-graduate studies in Computer Science, University of California Berkeley
Stanford University Executive Development Institute
Knight-Ridder Executive Leadership Program
Lockheed Senior Management Institute