Social Media is an environmental system and ecology involving many different platforms (e.g. Facebook) and services. As a company you will want to develop a coordinated system of your own within this environment. Some Basic Guidelines and Functional Relations are:
• Web : Have a web site . Have a Call to Action (CTA) Landing Pages, have SEO, include links to your Blog, and buttons linking to your Social Media Platforms, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, Youtube, etc.
• Blog : Create a Blog if you don’t have one (more later) … post meaningful articles several times a week, auto-post these to your Facebook page and Twitter, etc.
• Facebook : Create a good Facebook page (more later), have links back to your web site landing pages
• Twitter : Create a Twitter account, use the same keywords (Hash tags) you use for your Blog and meta words for your web page
• CRM : Maintain information about the Social Media activity of your customers and partners on your CRM (contact management system), soon to be Social CRM
• Analysis : Install Google Analytics or similar system to track usage of your web site, blog, etc. Use Facebook, Linkedin and Twitter measuring tools.
• Email : Link your email marketing campaigns to your Social Media platforms.
For a comprehensive guideline to social media see : Social Media Guideline